Monday, April 14, 2008

Got a call today from the lady that tried to keep Scotty when her friend, his first "mom", passed away. Her dogs just wouldn't accept him.

At any rate, she told me that she had gotten a call from a nursing home that is about 70 miles northeast of us. That activity director was looking for someone with a therapy dog to visit them. I wish I could. But I just think that's too far for us to commit. Disappointing, especially since I saw what happened with this guy last week.

I have to tell you that Scotty keeps me in stitches a good bit of the time. 2 vets cautioned us that if we were not training Scotty, he would be training us. I'm happy to report that these 2 old dogs (my husband and I) are still trainable! LOL

Scotty told me the other day that he wanted to go outside. So I went to the foyer, got his leash, turned around....no Scotty. I said,"Hey, I thought you wanted to go for a walk!". He stuck his head around the corner of the door, looked at me with the leash in my hands, turned left and headed down the hall to the computer room to get my husband. He made it quite obviously which one of us was to take him for his walk. We both just cracked up.

He just spreads such joy wherever he goes. And tomorrow we will go visiting the nursing home again.

No comments: